Charm City Care Connection aims to support clients in navigating the healthcare system through advocacy, education, and service.
Our model centers around two volunteer supported programs working cooperatively: Preventive Health Screening and Health Resource Case Management.
The Preventive Health Screening program offers:
- Blood Pressure, Diabetes, and Preventive Health Screening
- Education on Health Conditions
- Counseling for Smoking Cessation, Weight Loss, and Healthy Lifestyle Support
The Health Resource Case Management program offers assistance in:
- Assistance with Insurance and Benefits Enrollment
- Connection to Primary Health Care, Mental Health Care, and Substance Abuse Services
- Connection to Housing and Employment Services
- Financial Assistance for Identification Documents, Prescription Co-Pays, and Transportation
- Advocacy for Medical Bill Disputes
We offer both programs, free of charge, at our two partner locations:
Men and Families Center
2222 Jefferson St, Baltimore, MD 21205
Walk in hours: Saturday 12 - 5pm
The Men and Families Center is the original community partner of Charm City Care Connection. The overriding goal of the center is to improve the quality of children’s lives by developing and enhancing the capacity of male parents and/or caretakers. This is manifested by providing interventions services for young males who are at risk of developing poor skills in those areas that will later affect their parenting abilities.
1212 N Wolfe St, Baltimore, MD 21213
Walk in hours: Tuesday 6 - 9 pm
In one of the only 24 hour a day programs anywhere in the nation, Dee’s Place assists people seeking help with recovery by hosting 12-step meetings, referring individuals to appropriate drug treatment programs and connecting them to appropriate support services for their housing, legal, health and mental health services, job training and other needs.
The Brancati Center
Our Exciting New Partnership for 2017
2024 E. Monument Street, Baltimore, MD 21287
The Brancati Center aims to improve health of communities. In partnership with the Brancati Center Charm City Care Connection is excited to provide diabetes prevention training. This year long course will provide tools to encourage a healthy lifestyle and prevent diabetes. Stay tuned for more information!